A guided tour by David Neave, the noted local historian, around the site of Londesborough Hall, East Yorkshire, which was demolished in the nineteenth century. The orginal Tudor house was built by the Clifford family, Earls of Cumberland, and later belonged to Lord Burlington (1694 -1753), the renowned Palladian architect. The ground plan of the house was clearly revealed in the recent drought in 2018.

The group will meet in the Church for a talk about the Clifford family, before walking over the remaining traces of the house and its landscaped grounds.


This event has been organised by the York & East Yorkshire Fundraising Committee Volunteer Fundraising Committee to help raise money for the Art Fund.

All Saints Church

Londesborough, East Yorkshire, YO43 3LJ

Entry details

£20 (includes tea and cake)

To book, please contact Lindsay Councell on eastyorkshire@artfund.org.uk or call 01423 330388



Latest news and features

Back to top