Visit | Spencer House
Sunday 20 July 2014 - 10:30 until 12:00
Built in 1756–66 for John, first Earl Spencer, Spencer House was recognised as one of the most ambitious aristocratic London town houses ever built and a pioneering example of Neoclassical architecture. The only great 18th century private palace in London to survive intact, it has been restored as far as possible to its original splendour. Key pieces of furniture have been returned to the house, along with paintings in the State Rooms borrowed from the Royal Collection, the V&A, the Royal Academy and Tate.
This event has been organised by the London Events Volunteer Fundraising Committee to help raise money for the Art Fund.