West Berkshire Museum
Berkshire, RG14 5AS
Free to all
This community museum explores West Berkshire's past, present and future.
Established in 1904, is housed in two of Newbury's most historic buildings, the 17th-century Cloth Hall and the Corn Stores (or Granary). The Cloth Hall was built in 1626-1627 by Richard Emmes, a master carpenter of Speenhamland for The Newbury Corporation as a textile factory. It was subsequently used as a workhouse, hospital and school before being used for storing corn from 1829 until its conversion to a museum.
The museum is community led, with groups and societies making their own exhibitions for display.