Chavenage is an Elizabethan manor built of Cotswold stone, featuring relics of the Civil War, stained glass, panelled rooms and a family ghost.
Set amid the tranquil Cotswold countryside, Chavenage is the home of the Lowsley-Williams family. The east front is little changed from a massive reconstruction in 1576.
Inside there are Mortlake and Flemish tapestries, furniture and relics from the Cromwellian period, 14th-century stained glass and elaborate oak panels dating from 1590. The Edwardian west wing incorporates the decorative features of the Arts and Crafts movement and a ballroom.