St Ann Street, Salisbury by Louise Rayner

This works shows the street where the Salisbury Museum was situated from 1864-1981 although the museum itself is just out of the picture.


Watercolour on paper
23.5 x 18 cm
Art Fund grant:
£1,250 ( Total: £5,000)
Acquired in:
Lord Congleton

With the focal point of the Cathedral, it is an accurate reflection of St Ann Street at the time and the oriel window on the left is still there today. The street used to be one of the main thoroughfares in the city but now has a much quieter, more residential aspect.


Phillips, 1993; Agnew's; Lord Congleton.

Venue details

The Salisbury Museum The King's House, 65 The Close, SALISBURY Wiltshire SP1 2EN 01722 332151

Entry details

Free with National Art Pass (standard entry is £8)

Mon – Sat, 10am – 5pm
Sun, 12noon – 5pm (May – Sept)
Bank Holidays, 10am – 5pm

Closed 25 – 26 Dec, and 1 Jan

Share this article