Trentham Hall, built between 1834 and 1848, was the first country house constructed in Barry's Italianate style, a style which went on to make his name and fortune.

This volume contains three elevations and four architectural plans drawn by hand. Trentham Hall was demolished in 1911.

Provenance

Presented by Sir Charles Barry to 2nd Duke of Sutherland, 1834; by descent until 1913; Trustees of Duke of Sutherland until 1972; Trustees of the Countess of Sutherland's No. 3 Settlement. The work has been on loan to Staffordshire Record Office sinc


Staffordshire Record Office

Eastgate Street, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST16 2LZ
01785 278379
Website

Opening times

Tue & Thu, 9am – 5pm Wed, 9am – 7pm Fri, 9.30am – 4.30pm Sat, 9am – 1pm

Back to top