- Art Funded
- Length: 34 cm
It was made by Cooper Brothers & Sons, a Sheffield firm, and commemorates the 1895 founding of new premises for the Jewish Soup Kitchen, one of the major Jewish communal institutions in Manchester that supported recent immigrants. It offered free soup to Jewish workers in the factories in the Cheetham area, and still exhists today in its modern incaranation as 'Meals on Wheels'.
Swiss private collection; auction Zurich; Antiquitäten.