Five circular garnet stones arranged in a cross formation; central stone in a square setting, surrounding four stones in circular settings.

Given by James Guthrie (1612-1661) to his niece before his execution and then passed down through six generations of Church of Scotland ministers. James Guthrie was minister of the Holy Rude in Stirling and was one of the most important and influential ministers in the Covenanting era.

Provenance

Reverend George and Mrs Mary Hunter.


Stirling Smith Art Gallery and Museum

Dumbarton Road, Stirling, FK8 2RQ
01786 471917
Website

Opening times

Tue – Sat, 10.30am – 7pm Sun, 2pm – 5pm

Back to top