Ring of the Reverend James Guthrie
- Art Funded
- Diameter: 2 cm
- Art Fund grant
- £1,250 (Total: £5,000)
- Mary Hunter
Given by James Guthrie (1612-1661) to his niece before his execution and then passed down through six generations of Church of Scotland ministers. James Guthrie was minister of the Holy Rude in Stirling and was one of the most important and influential ministers in the Covenanting era.
Reverend George and Mrs Mary Hunter.