A Victorian ring formerly belonging to Mrs Catherine Dickens, who married Charles Dickens in 1836.

The ring was a gift from the French artist, Count D'Orsay, a close friend of the Dickens family. The flexible body of the ring is made up of separate, individual scale sections which would have been sprung.

Provenance

Count D'Orsay; Catherine Dickens; bequeathed to her sister Georgina Hogarth; by descent to present owner.


Charles Dickens Museum

48-49 Doughty Street, London, WC1N 2LX
020 7405 2127
Website

Opening times

January - November

Tue-Sun: 10am-5pm (Last Entry 4pm)

December

Daily: 10:00-5pm (Last Entry 4pm)

Back to top