- Art Funded
- 102 x 63 cm
- Gurr-Johns Ltd
They are from a suite of 18 chairs and 2 sofas supplied to Arthur 6th Viscount Irwin, apparently for the London house in Grosvenor Square. Within a year they had been sent to Temple Newsam. They are the earliest documented work by William Hallett. The upholstery is not original.
Supplied to Viscount Irwin's London house, 1735; removed to Temple Newsam circa 1736; Frank Partridge, 1922; Hall family of Longford Hall, Shropshire; sold August 1998; Messrs Gurr Johns.