1) Landscape in Spain by Bauer; 2) Partly finished study of Moscow by Bauer (main illustration).
1) Crossing a Mountain Pass in Spain; 2) Moscow; 3) Study for 'The Shepherdess' by Various, 18641922
© The Whitworth
- 1 & 3) chalk on brown paper; 2) watercolour & pencil
- 1) 53 x 77 cm; 2) 27 x 95 cm; 3) 36 x 47 cm
- Acquired in:
- Presented by:
- Sir Michael Sadler through The Art Fund
3) Study for 'The Shepherdess' (Monumental Conception of Humanity) by Maris. These three works are part of an important public gift in the memory of Lady Sadler by Sir Michael Sadler, a member of the Executive Committee of the Art Fund in 1931. It takes the form of a collection of pictures and drawings, together with some objects of Oriental art.
Entry detailsFree to all
Daily, 10am - 5pm (Thu until 9pm)
Closed 24, 25, 26 Dec and 1 Jan