- Art Funded
- 21.5 x 28.2 cm
- Presented by
- F D Lycett Green through The Art Fund
To the left, an angel gazes upon Christ holding a candle. Christ is supported by another angel in the centre of the painting while the Virgin kneels down to look upon him on the right. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.
F.D. Lycett Green