The Butcher's Shop
- Art Funded
- 92.7 x 86.9 cm
- Presented by
- F D Lycett Green through The Art Fund
To the left, a group of gentlemen sit around drinking while an old woman prepares shellfish to the right. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.
Sir Berkeley Sheffield; F.D. Lycett Green.