Top made in Glen tilt marble, fitted with panelled doors concealing twin tiers of six drawers sliding on side runners.
Dwarf Cabinet by George Bullock, 1817
© Fitzwilliam Museum
- Larch & ebony with brass & boulle work
- 87 x 120 x 46 cm
- Art Fund grant:
- £3,000 ( Total: £23,000)
- Acquired in:
- Temple Williams Ltd
Inscription on the doors of the cabinet reads 'For/Mrs Barrows/Oak Book Commode/Pubd. Augt. 1816'. Bullock was a pioneer in the use of native materials, partly of necessity since he was working during and immediately after the Napoleonic Wars.
This piece possibly that recorded in the Blair Castle accounts on 12 July 1817.
Entry detailsFree to all
Tue – Sat, 10am – 5pm
Sun & Bank Holidays 12noon – 5pm
Closed Mon, 24 – 26, 31 Dec and 1 Jan