Oval scrolled cartouche encloses scene of the Last Judgement.
- 80 cm
- Art Fund grant:
- £1,000 ( Total: £4,680)
- Acquired in:
Originally formed part of the monument to John Kelland of Ashprington, in Ashprington Church. One of a series of 4 attributed to Weston commissioned between 1711-30 to commemorate leading families in the Exeter area. Weston may have been younger son of Bishop Weston of Exeter, became Surveyor to the Fabric of Exeter Cathedral in the mid 1730s and lived in the Cathedral cloister from then until mid 1740s.
Ashprington Parish Church, South Devon until c.1960-65.
Free to all
Daily, 10am – 5pm Closed Mon and Bank Holidays