Hardwick Hall, near Ellesmere, was built by John Kynaston who had inherited the land in 1693 and finished the house before his death in 1733.
Hardwick Hall, Shropshire by Moses Griffith, 1792
© Shrewsbury Museum & Art Gallery
- Watercolour Dimensions: 22 x 38 cm
- Art Fund grant:
- £46 ( Total: £187)
- Acquired in:
The drawing shows Hardwick before the gardens were altered in the 19th century.
Anon. Sotheby's, May 1978.