The group consists of 12 voussoirs,14 springers, and several fragments, and comes from Shiplake College where the stones were built into an ornamental arch and side walls circa 1883.

Provenance

Readind Abbey; Shiplake College; The Hon R G H Phillipmore.


Reading Museum

Town Hall, Blagrave Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 1QH
0118 937 3400
Website

Opening times

Tue – Sat, 10am – 4pm
Closed between Christmas and New Year

Back to top