- Free entry to all.
- View venue & entry details
The Casino was built by Sir William Chambers in 1769 in the grounds of the first Earl of Charlemont's villa of Marino at Clontarf on the outskirts of Dublin.
The Casino at Marino, Dublin by William Ashford, 1776
© The Whitworth
- Oil on canvas Dimensions: 62 x 96 cm
- Art Fund grant:
- £350 ( Total: £650)
- Acquired in:
- Maas Gallery
Chambers had built the Earl's town house in Dublin in 1763. William Ashford was born at Birmingham but worked a great deal in Ireland, where he painted numerous topographical views and landscapes, particularly of the locality around Dublin.
Free entry to all
Free exhibitions to all
Daily, 10am - 5pm (Thu until 9pm)
Closed 24, 25, 26 Dec and 1 Jan