Wrought iron grille or railing of Sussex workmanship erected under the orders of the tomb architect Cornelius Cure.
Grille of Mary Queen of Scots Tomb by Unknown Artist, 1613
© Chapter House and Pyx Chamber
- Wrought iron
- Art Fund grant:
- £400 ( Total: £400)
- Acquired in:
- Messrs G R Harding
Restored to its original position in the Chapel of Henry VII in the Abbey.
Taken down by Gayfere and Wyatt, the Abbey mason and architect; John Bridge, a Georgian silversmith who installed it in his house near Dorchester, 1826; Messrs G R Harding.