The Altarpiece of St Mary Redcliffe, Bristol
- Art Funded
- 1) 67.3 x 58.5 cm; 2) & 3) 42.3 x 36.6 cm
Not a triptych, the central canvas was hung high over the altar, and the side panels were fixed at right angles to it on top of the screen.
Commissioned from Hogarth by St Maru Redcliffe, Bristol in May 1755; The Vestry of St Mary Redcliffe.