Neptune and Glaucus
- Art Funded
- 186 cm
- Lord Yarborough
Commissioned circa 1622 for Cardinal Montalto for Villa Montalto, to go at end of large fishpond (designed for Sixtus V).
Cardinal Montalto; purchased 1696 by Cardinal Negroni; sold in 1784 to a speculator; sold in 1786 to Thomas Jenkins, an English banker and purchased by Sir Joshua Reynolds for 700 guineas; sold to Charles Pelham, Lord Yarborough, in 1794 for 500 guineas.