The Londonderry Silver: a collection of more than 160 pieces all from the Regency period, ranging from table centres and candelabra to wine labels.

Mostly English work but some Italian and Portuguese. A group of articles were made by Paul Storr, of the Royal silversmiths Rundell, Bridge and Rundell, in 1813-14 which form part of the Ambassadorial plate supplied to Charles Stewart, third Marquess of Londonderry, at the time of his posting to the Emperor of Austria.

Provenance

A group made in 1813-14 by Paul Storr (1771-1844) the leading craftsman of the Royal silversmiths, Rundell, Bridge and Rundell.


The Royal Pavilion

Pavilion Gardens, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1EE
03000 290 900
Website

Opening times

1 Apr – 30 Sep

Daily, 9.30am – 5.45pm (last admission 5.15pm)

1 Oct – 31 Mar Daily, 10am – 5.15pm (last admission 4.30pm)

Closed 24 Dec (from 2.30pm) & 25 – 26 Dec

Back to top