Communion cup inscribed below the rim: This cup is given by the people of Conveth and Mr William Dunbar preacher of the Gospell there for the celebration of the sacrament of the Lords supper anno 1688.


The cup is one of a pair identically inscribed and dated which were made for Laurencekirk Parish Church in 1688 and remained there until their sale by the church authorities in 1980.

Back to top