This is one of a collection of 66 works bequeathed to Pallant House by Charles Kearley.
Composition 1934 by Wyndham Lewis, 1934
© Wyndham Lewis and the estate of the late Mrs G A Wyndham Lewis by kind permission of the Wyndham Lewis Memorial Trust (a registered charity)
- 23 x 27 cm
- Acquired in:
- Bequeathed by:
- Charles Kearley through The Art Fund
Kearley was a builder and property developer. Kearley built a small block of flats in Kensington in the later 1930s which Maxwell Fry had designed, and the architect persuaded him to add a penthouse for himself at the top. Kearley found the flat very bare so started to furnish it with works by Paul Nash, John Piper and others. His enthusiasm for contemporary art and design grew from then on.
50% off entry with National Art Pass during exhibitions, and free entry at other times
Tue – Sat, 10am – 5pm
Thu, 10am – 8pm
Sun and Bank Holidays, 11am – 5pm
Closed Mon except Bank Holidays
50% off entry during exhibitions and free entry at other times with a National Art Pass