Green with Blue and Red, 1957
- Art Funded
- 74 x 55 cm
- Bequeathed by
- Charles Kearley through The Art Fund
Kearley was a builder and property developer. Kearley built a small block of flats in Kensington in the later 1930s which Maxwell Fry had designed, and the architect persuaded him to add a penthouse for himself at the top. Kearley found the flat very bare so started to furnish it with works by Paul Nash, John Piper and others. His enthusiasm for contemporary art and design grew from then on.