This work is part of a long series of works of art from the collection of the late Henry Van den Bergh which have found their way to museums through the Art Fund at different periods since 1909, either being presented by himself, or, following his death in 1937, by his heirs.

The Van den Bergh collection not surprisingly, was strong in the work of Dutch artists, particularly of the 19th century.

Provenance

Henry Van den Bergh


Ashmolean Museum

Beaumont Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 2PH
01865 278000
Website

Opening times

Tue – Sun, Bank Holiday Mon, 10am – 5pm

Closed 24 – 26 Dec



Exhibitions at Ashmolean Museum

Back to top