On the right, adjoining a stone outhouse, is a short covered passage approached by several steps and leading apparently to a garden beyond.

On the left, is the entrance to the outhouse partly overgrown with foliage. Leaning against a wall, in front on the right, are a number of beams and sticks. One of 8 gifts to the Ashmolean, Fitzwilliam and Wallace Collection by F A Drey through the Art Fund between 1938 and 1943.




Exhibitions at Ashmolean Museum

Back to top