1) Woodcut printed from three blocks in orange, red and blue; 2) Collaborative work by members of Atelier 17: Stanley Hayter, Dadi Wirz, Gail Singer, Enrique Zanaftu and Ingrid Sittor (main illustration).
1) Greeting Card for New Year; 2) Untitled (poster for Atelier 17 exhibition at the ICA) by S W Hayter, 1) 1958; 2) 1962
© check with DACS
- 1) woodcut; 2) engraving, etching, scorper & aquatint
- 1) 9.3 x 14.1 cm; 2) 24.5 x 39.2 cm
- Acquired in:
- Bequeathed by:
- Ann Forsdyke through The Art Fund
These works form part of a large bequest from Mrs Ann Forsdyke. Mrs Forsdyke worked at the Whitechapel Art Gallery in the 1950s as assistant to the Director Bryan Robertson. She forged relationships with a number of artists during this time who later came to be represented in her collection.
Entry detailsFree to all
Tue – Sat, 10am – 5pm
Sun & Bank Holidays 12noon – 5pm
Closed Mon, 24 – 26, 31 Dec and 1 Jan