Edinburgh, EH2 4DR
The Georgian House stands at No 7 Charlotte Square.
Built in 1796 for John Lamont, 18th Chief of the Clan Lamont, it was architect Robert Adam's crowning glory, which he envisioned as a 'paradigm of the Georgian ideal in the centre of Edinburgh'.
The house itself was restored by the National Trust for Scotland in the early 1970s as a typical Edinburgh town house of the late 18th-early 19th century. Featuring fine collections of china, silver, furniture and paintings – many with a Scottish/Edinburgh provenance – the house and its objects provide an insight into what life was like for the first residents, the Lamont family and their servants.