Kingnympton Park is a Palladian house, commissioned by James Buller of
Morval and Downes and built 1746-52. Now the home of Mr and Mrs Hugh Kenyon, its
18th century landscape setting and much of the interior remain largely unchanged
to the present day. There is an adjacent laundry with its old boiling tubs and a
large walled garden with a vast, decrepit greenhouse. After lunch, overlooking
the River Taw (own expense), visit nearby Eggesford Church to view the superb
funerary monuments of the main patron families 1233 to 1911.
£20 per person. Apply to Brenda Dean by 30 March, 01769