Situated in Kirriemuir Town House, the museum is dedicated to exploring the history of the area and the surrounding National Park.

Exhibits date back to 1604, the year the Town House was built, and span the subsequent 400 years of life in the area. As well as displays relating to the wildlife, geology, history and archaeology of the glens, there is special focus on famous residents – including the author of Peter Pan, JM Barrie, inventor Peter Hood and lead singer of AC DC, Bon Scott, who was born in the town.


Permanent collection

The museum houses a permanent exhibition of work by Sir Charles Lyell FRS, one of the leading scientists of the 19th century, who lived locally.

Kirriemuir Gateway to the Glens Museum

The Town House, 32 High Street, Kirriemuir, Angus, DD8 4BB

01575 577140

Website

Opening times

Tues – Sat, 10am – 5pm


Exhibitions nearby

Back to top