- Art Funded
- 74 x 117 x 60 cm
- Art Fund grant
- £15,000 (Total: £65,000)
- Jonathan Coulborn
The south wing of Temple Newsam has recently been restored to the decorative scheme of the 1820s installed by Lady Hertford, George IV's principal confidante from 1806-1819. The table was once owned by Earl Grey who was critical of Lady Hertford's influence over the King. Ironically Earl Grey's granddaughter Emily Charlotte Wood married Lady Hertford's great-nephew Hugo Francis Meynell Ingram and Emily became outright owner of Temple Newsam for 33 years after her husband's death.
Earl Bathurst; Earl Grey of Howick (1830); by descent.
Share this article
Temple Newsam Estate, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS15 0AE
0113 336 7461
3 Nov 2015 – 12 Feb 2016
Pre-booked visits and tours only (see website to book)
13 Feb – 30 Oct
Tue – Sun
10.30 am – 5pm (last admission 4.15pm)