Enamelled glass bowl inscribed: 'The Margaret and Winneford' to commemorate the launching of a ship of that name from Hillgate, on the Tyne, built for Henry Forster.

Decorated by William Beilby. The circular bowl has incurving sides and everted foot ring. It is painted in coloured enamels on one side with a two-masted sailing ship and a swan. The reverse has the arms of Forster, scrolls, swags and diaper panels.

Provenance

Mr B. Amador.


Laing Art Gallery

New Bridge Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne And Wear, NE1 8AG
0191 278 1611
Website

Opening times

Mon – Sat, 10am – 4.30pm Sun, closed Closed bank holidays



Exhibitions at Laing Art Gallery

Back to top