Art Quarterly is the acclaimed magazine of the Art Fund: more than 80 pages of beautifully designed features, interviews and conversations between artists, original photography and illustration.
Art Quarterly is available only to holders of a National Art Pass.
Art Quarterly, spring 2016 © Smoking Dogs Films. Courtesy Lisson Gallery
Art Quarterly, spring 2016
© Smoking Dogs Films. Courtesy Lisson Gallery
In the summer 2016 issue you’ll find:
• The campaign to save the Armada Portrait of Elizabeth I – Claire Wrathall uncovers the hidden secrets of this Renaissance masterpiece, while James Hall explores other paintings of the image-conscious queen
• The Art Fund Prize for Museum of the Year – meet the 2016 finalists
• The power of paintings – to mark the National Gallery's summer show, Yayoi Kusama, Sean Scully, Simon Fujiwara, Mark Wallinger and others discuss the works that have influenced them
• Scientific and spectacular – Martin Myrone dissects George Stubbs' genius
• Georgia O'Keeffe – Tate's retrospective should place her up with the best, writes Rachel Spence
• Artists and the sea – Lily Le Brun finds the ocean continues to have a forceful draw
Plus a comprehensive guide to exhibitions across the UK and coverage of the work of the Art Fund, including details of every work of art it has helped museums and galleries to acquire over the past quarter.
Edited by Claire Wrathall, the magazine has a distinguished line up of contributors, among them Charles Darwent, David Ekserdjian, Nancy Durrant, Marcus Field, Martin Gayford, Kelly Grovier, Griselda Murray Brown, Hilary Mantel, Frances Spalding, Rachel Spence, Matthew Sweet, Marina Vaizey, Ossian Ward and AN Wilson.
While artists interviewed in recent issues include John Akomfrah, Ed Atkins, Darren Almond, Fiona Banner, Peter Blake, Pablo Bronstein, Mat Collishaw, Michael Craig-Martin, Martin Creed, Jeremy Deller, Simon Fujiwara, Maggi Hambling, Mark Leckey, Christian Marclay, Don McCullin, Cornelia Parker, Ben Rivers, Sean Scully, Conrad Shawcross and Richard Wilson.
If you are interested in advertising in Art Quarterly, please see our media pack, with full details of our rates and information about our wide readership.