The National Art Collections Fund is responsible for the www.artfund.org website and the Art Fund's mobile applications; and, for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), The National Art Collections Fund is the data controller and Art Fund Services Limited is a data processor.
Your personal data may be collected by the Art Fund through submissions to our website, use of our mobile applications, completion of membership forms, fundraising or campaign responses, competition entries, emails, correspondence, events and events bookings, on-line purchases and telephone calls to or from us. Personal data may be collected about you from third parties, for example from a gift membership bought for you by your friends or family or from your employer in the case of corporate memberships.
Your personal data may be processed by (or on behalf of) the Art Fund for any of the following purposes:
- administration of your membership;
- administration of gifts, bequests, donations and legacies made by you;
- supplying goods ordered from us to you;
- communicating with you by telephone, text, email and/or post (in accordance with your preferences) about the Art Fund’s activities, promotions and events;
- communicating with you by telephone, text, email and/or post (in accordance with your preferences) about the activities, promotions and events of carefully selected organisations that are linked to the Art Fund;
- in relation to promotions etc run jointly with a third party – as set out in Section 6;
- conducting analytical studies of the activities of our members, supporters and other visitors to our website and users of our mobile applications;
- providing aggregate statistics about our members, supporters and other visitors to our website and users of our mobile applications, sales, traffic/usage patterns and related site/mobile application information to third parties, but these statistics will not contain any information about you from which you could be identified unless you have given your consent;
- conducting assessments of the likelihood of future donations;
- where consent has been given, we may provide a copy of the personal data that we hold about you to carefully selected organisations which we feel will be of interest to you; and
- as otherwise outlined at the time of collection of your personal data in accordance with the preferences that you express.
In addition, your data may be processed by (or on behalf of) the Art Fund in an anonymised form for research and marketing purposes
3. CHANGING YOUR PREFERENCES
We want to make sure that you are completely happy with the ways in which we hold and use your personal data. If at any time you wish to check, update or amend your personal data or preferences, please contact our Supporter Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can write to us at: Art Fund Supporter and Customer Services, PO Box 3678, MELKSHAM SN12 9AP Tel: 0844 415 4100.
4. SECURITY MEASURES AND POSSIBILITY OF INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
The Art Fund is registered in accordance with and seeks to comply with the Act. We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal data so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. We also require those parties to whom we transfer personal data to comply with the same. However, the Internet is not (and mobile devices are not) a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that the Art Fund shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the Act.
Please note that we may sometimes transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that may not have the same level of protection as countries within the EEA. If we intend to do this then, where practical and appropriate, before doing so we will put contractual arrangements in place to ensure the adequate protection of your data and we shall endeavour to ensure that any such contractual arrangements comply with the standards required by the Information Commissioner.
We will not pass on your personal details to any third party, including our sponsors, unless (i) we have your consent or (ii) as set out below:
- in relation to each of the uses set out in Section 2, your personal data may be shared with our employees, volunteers and/or third party organisations that we appoint to assist the Art Fund. We shall endeavour to ensure that any such recipients of your personal data use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data - see Section 4 above;
- where adequate measures have been taken to anonymise your personal data, for example by way of a cryptographic hash function, this data may be provided to third parties to process lawfully and in accordance with any consents you have previously given;
- in relation to any fundraising campaigns, competitions and promotions that we run jointly with a third party – see Section 6;
- if the Art Fund merges with another charity we may transfer your personal data to the merged entity. This will enable you, for example, to continue your relationship with the Art Fund despite the merger;
- in relation to content posted by you as set out in Section 7; and
- in circumstances in which we are required or authorised by law (including, but not limited to, the Act), court order, regulatory or governmental authorities to disclose your personal data.
6. JOINT FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGNS, COMPETITIONS AND PROMOTIONS
From time to time, we may:
- run fundraising etc campaigns with carefully selected like minded organisations; and/or
- allow a third party to sponsor a promotion, offer, competition [or] page of the website [or one of our mobile applications (or a part of one)].
In those circumstances, we may transfer personal data collected as part of the fundraising etc campaign/promotion/offer/competition and/or sponsorship (including your name, telephone number, email address and/or home address) to those named third parties. It will be clear at the point of collection how your personal data will be used if collected in these circumstances.
7. CONTENT POSTED BY YOU
8. THE USE OF 'COOKIES'
In order to enable us to provide you with a personalised browsing experience, our website uses 'cookie' information collection technology. "Cookies" are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer or mobile device when you enter a website. Cookies are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive or mobile device, and they can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as identifying your computer's or mobile device’s previous visits to the website, and to ascertain the most popular features of the website.
The Art Fund also uses “session cookies” which remember information as you move from page to page of the website during the same visit (e.g. when you fill in an application form on the website), and expire at the end of that visit.
Where you make a comment on Facebook via the Art Fund website, Facebook may also set a cookie on your computer or mobile device.
You are not obliged to accept cookies and you may amend your browser's settings to prevent it from accepting cookies. Click here for instructions on how to disable cookies. Please be aware that if you do disable cookies, certain services on our website may not be available to you and your enjoyment of the website may be impaired.
11. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may be entitled to ask us for details of the personal data that we hold about you, the purposes for which it is being or will be processed, and the recipients or classes of recipients to whom it is being or will be disclosed. If you would like to request this data, please contact us. We may charge a fee for providing this information to you (details of which are available upon request).