HQS Wellington is the Livery Hall of the Honourable Company of Master Mariners, the Livery Company established in 1926 to protect and promote the interests of the British Merchant Navy. Their home, HQS Wellington, was constructed in 1934 and saw service during WW2, primarily in the North Atlantic on convoy escort duties. Guests will be able to see imaginative displays of the Company’s marine paintings and artefacts, gold and silver plate, ship models and some recently-discovered early 18th century charts. Commodore Angus Menzies, Clerk to the Company, will be our guide. Tea/coffee and biscuits will be served at the end of the tour.
Please note that there are some steep stairs and no wheelchair access as this is not a modern ship.