Bringing together our artist community, spend a relaxed evening at a unique life drawing experience in the Nunnery Gallery hosted by Thamesmead Life Drawing’s Jamie Zubairi. All levels of experience are welcome!
Bringing together our artist community, spend a relaxed evening at a unique life drawing experience in the Nunnery Gallery hosted by Thamesmead Life Drawing’s Jamie Zubairi.
After settling in and setting the scene, Jamie will guide us through our life drawing experience for the evening – for some, a chance to start your drawing and mark making journey, for others, an opportunity to further hone your skills in the craft of figurative drawing.
We’ll spend the first half of the session working through a broad selection of short length poses designed to warm up your drawing muscles and explore different methods of drawing and mark making, before taking a short break to grab a drink and stretch your fingers. After the break, we’ll spend the rest of the evening working through a handful of longer poses where you can really focus on your technique and finesse your drawings.
The Gallery and Nunnery Café will remain open for around 30-45minutes after the life drawing session comes to a close to give you the chance to chat and connect with the other artists attending.
All levels of experience are welcome!
We encourage everyone to bring along your own drawing materials and paper, but we will have a limited number of extras on hand for folks who are unable to do so. A hardback sketchbook is ideal as we will only be supplying seating, but bringing along your own easels, A3 drawing boards, or A3 clipboards would also work a treat too!
How to get there
181 Bow Road, London, E3 2SJ
020 8980 7774
Exclusions and safety measures
- We will be operating to a controlled capacity in our spaces, to maintain safe visitor numbers.
- Visitors are encouraged to book a visit through a free online booking system, though walk-in visitors will be welcomed.
- We will be supporting 2-metre social distancing on-site at all times.
- It is mandatory for all visitors to wear face coverings inside the exhibition, unless exempt.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance and exit to the site.
- A one-way signposted system is in place throughout the gallery and café.
- All staff on site will be wearing Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including face coverings and/or visors.
- Seating and high touch surfaces will be routinely cleaned throughout the day.
- For more information, please read our full COVID-19 risk assessment for the Nunnery Gallery.
How to get there
Lisetta Carmi: Social Purpose...
Carols and Ices ...and night-t...
The more you see, the more we do.
The National Art Pass lets you enjoy free entry to hundreds of museums, galleries and historic places across the UK, while raising money to support them.