Gallery Oldham is temporarily closed until further notice. Please check the venue's website for the latest details.
The Gallery has been acquiring objects and works of art since 1883, and is one of the largest permanent collections in the northwest of England.
It contains thousands of natural history specimens and archaeological artefacts as well as fine and decorative art including the Lees Collection of English Watercolours, featuring works by Constable, JR Cozens and Turner. There are also paintings by artists of the Newlyn School, works by Northern artists, including Lowry and Theodore Major, and studio ceramics.