Designs of the Year 2013
20 March – 7 July 2013
The 'Oscars of the design world', rewarding the best work worldwide in Architecture, Digital, Fashion, Furniture, Graphics, Transport and Product
The overall winner this year was the website gov.uk. Deyan Sudjic, Director of Design Museum, said 'gove.uk is a remarkable success on so many levels. It makes life better for millions of people coping with the everyday chores, from getting a new passport, to paying their taxes.
The category winners, which are on show alongside all the shortlisted designs, are as follows:
- Architecture: Tour Bois-le-Pretre, Paris, designed by Frédéric Druot, Anne Lacaton and Jean-Philippe Vassal
- Digital: gov.uk website, designed by Government Digital Service
- Fashion: Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel, directed by Lisa Immordino Vreeland
- Furniture: Medici Chair, designed by Konstantin Grcic forMattiazzi
- Graphics: Venice Architecture Biennale Identity, designed by John Morgan Studio
- Products: Kit Yamoyo, designed by ColaLife and PI Global
- Transport: Morph Folding Wheel, designed by Vitamins for Maddak Inc.