In this talk Diageo's Global Design's Director, Jeremy Lindley explores how designers are improving their work through understanding how the brain works.
How do the messages our eyes send to the brain get interpreted? Why do some images have such rich meaning to us? How does recognition and attention work?
Jeremy Lindley delves into semiotics, neuroscience and heuristics in realtion to design and understanding the human brain.
The talk will explore:
- How we see and recognise visual input
- Visual assets & their role in the marketing mix
- Semiotics as applied to design projects
- Consumer short-cuts and how to understand them
- The importance of creating distinctive designs
- Why visual consistency works
- How to keep creative work fresh while also driving recognition