Lydiard Park is a beautiful historic estate with the Palladian House, Church and Walled Garden, set in 260 acres of parkland. For 500 years until 1943 it was owned by the St John family. Attendees will split into two groups, alternating between a guided tour of the nine State Rooms, containing several Art Funded items, together with visiting the restored mid-18thC Walled Garden. After a hot two-course lunch, we will enjoy a guided tour of St Mary Tregoze Church, with its nationally-significant wall paintings, 17thC monuments, ancient carved woodwork and star-spangled ceiling, and where a £1.1m conservation programme has just been completed.
Lydiard Park Mansion
Swindon, SN5 3PA
To book, please contact Elizabeth Forbes on firstname.lastname@example.org