The Folly or Summer House was built to a sketch by Capability Brown in about 1760. Originally built as a bath house for Lord Clanricarde it sits on a tributary of the lovely River Meon and is the only surviving remains of a much grander scheme which was demolished in 1958. The folly has now been exquisitely restored to its original Georgian appearance by current owner William Thuillier who will give a group tour of the house and garden - itself extensively replanted with trees, shrubs and roses and topiary hedge that might have featured in the landscape two centuries ago.
Address on booking
To book, please contact Victoria Hardman on firstname.lastname@example.org