Dorich House is the former studio-home of the Estonian-Jewish, Modernist, figurative sculptor Dora Gordine and her husband, the Hon Richard Gilbert Hare, a scholar of Russian art and literature. This curator-led tour explores all three floors of the Grade II-listed building, completed in 1936 to Gordine’s own design. Today, the museum houses the world’s largest collection of Gordine’s work, including examples of her early paintings, drawings and sculptures produced in Paris and south-east Asia from the late 1920s. Also on permanent display is an important collection of Russian art and artefacts, acquired by Gordine and Hare during their marriage.
Please note that the Museum is located over four floors. There are 78 steps to the top floor, which is accessed via a narrow staircase. The Museum currently has no wheelchair accessible toilets and limited access for persons with physical disabilities.