Talboys is one of the oldest properties in Wiltshire. Dating from 1420, in part, the house is timber framed with wattle and daub panels on a dressed limestone plinth. The interiors are interesting and unusual with fine antiques, paintings and curios collected by the owners from their travels in India and the East. The building has a Vaulted hall, 15th century murals including a Talbot dog with a Crusader flag, detailed wood carvings and many old stained-glass, lead-lined windows. The East wing was built in 1876 and the whole house was restored in 1899. Lunch will be enjoyed in the kitchen where Crawford’s biscuits were created.


This event has been organised by the Wiltshire Fundraising Committee Volunteer Fundraising Committee to help raise money for the Art Fund.


18 Main Street, Keevil, Trowbridge, Trowbridge, BA14 6LU

Entry details

£52 (includes lunch)

To book, please contact Jane Hide on wiltshire@artfund.org.uk

Click here to book online

What's on nearby

Latest news and features

Back to top