Guided tour: 'Springtime! Let's take a walk in the Park!' (Stanley Park, Liverpool)
| Stanley Park
Stanley Park is a fine example of a Victorian Park â€“ first opened with much pomp and ceremony in May 1870 by the then Lord Mayor, Joseph Hubbard. It was designed by Edward Kemp, who was a protégée of Paxton and worked with him at Birkenhead Park. It had formal gardens, lakes and an open area for sport. There was a bandstand, 5 sandstone pavilions and a splendid conservatory, now Grade II listed.
Over the past two years there has been an extensive regeneration
programme. Be taken on a guided tour of the newly restored gardens, lakes
and pavilions by a Park Ranger (please wear appropriate footwear). Tea and
cake will be served afterwards in the Gladstone Bistro.