A repeat visit by popular demand. A tour by Mr.
Simon Wood around this fine late Georgian house. Begun in 1804 it was designed
by Peter Atkinson, assistant to John Carr of York. Its outstanding feature is
the oval entrance hall with a cantilevered stone staircase curving past an
impressive Venetian window. The house also contains the country’s largest
permanent exhibition of the work by the Staithes Group of