Visit to Lauriston Castle and Dalmeny House

| Lauriston Castle

Lauriston Castle was left to the nation by its last private owners, Mr & Mrs William Robert Reid, who lived there until 1926. Mr Reid was the proprietor of the cabinet makers Morison & Co. And was particularly interested in collecting objects that showed the craftsman’s skills, including one of the largest collections of Blue John in Britain. Originally a 1590’s tower house, it was modernised by the Reids (even central heating in the maids rooms!) and has well preserved Edwardian interiors.

After lunch visit Dalmeny House, the home of the Rosebery family. The house has some of the finest French furniture in Britain; the Napoleon room shows the 5th Earl’s collection of Napoleonic art and objects – the most important collection outside France.


Venue information

Lauriston Castle

2a Cramond Road South Davidson's Mains , EH4 5GD

Entry details

35 including coach, admission fees and lunch. Apply to Vivien Smyth, 01575 540375

Coach departs:

Stracathro 8.30 am

Forfar Myre car park 9am

Dundee Camperdown 9.30am.

"Art Fund" is the operating name of the National Art Collections Fund, a charity registered in England and Wales (209174) and Scotland (SC038331)