An early evening visit to Dingestow Court
| Dingestow Court
Dingestow Court has been the family home of the Bosanquet family since 1800. The core of the house dates from the 1620s, but alterations and additions have been undertaken several times in the intervening years, and the result is an eclectic mix of architectural styles, some more satisfactory than others. Be guided round by a member of the family.
The interiors, like the house itself, are varied, with furniture and pictures mainly from the 17th century to the 19th century. A mid 19th-century library reflects the Huguenot family‚Äôs involvement in the silk trade, principally in Aleppo, and also contains books of scientific, local historical and topographical, and Welsh interest. There are late 17th century Flemish and early 18th century English tapestries, and a late 17th century chamber organ by Father Smith.