Visit to Lady Waterford Hall and Howick Hall Gardens
| Lady Waterford Hall
Home of the Waterford Gallery, Lady Waterford Hall was commissioned in 1860 by Louisa Anne, Marchioness of Waterford and served as a village school until 1957. Recognised as one of the most interesting and gifted artists of the Victorian era, lady Waterford spent the years between 1862 and 1883 decorating the walls with life size paintings. They depict children from the school, and people who lived and around Ford and characters from well-known biblical scenes.
After Lady Waterford Hall, the trip will continue to the gardens at Howick Hall, where there will be a simple lunch in the earl Grey Tea House in Howick Hall itself. After lunch there will be a guided tour round the beautiful gardens, incorporating the Woodland Garden with its lovely Rhododendrons, Camellias and Magnolias, as well as the more formal gardens.
For tickets and for further information, please contact:
Tel: 01620 842 839